Nerdgasm Life & Player One Video Game Bar presents...
Super Smash Brothers WiiU singles tournament league!
9 single's Tournaments,
1 invitational Championship.
How do you get an invitation?
Place top 4 in one of the 9 tournaments.
Entry Fee: (CASH ONLY)
$10: Per tournament for the first 4
$15: Per tournament for the last 5
Participant cap: 128 per tournament, no reserves.
(This will be updated once we evaluate the flow)
• August 30th
• September 13th
• September 27th
• October 11th
• October 25th
• November 8th
• November 22nd
• December 6th
• December 13th
December 20th - Championship (Invitational only)
• Each tournament will be a 1v1, leading up to top 16, top 8, Semi Finals, Final Matches
• 4 side games, 2 feature games
• Losers bracket will start during top 16.
- FIRST PLACE: $100, Invitation to Championship
- SECOND PLACE: $50, Invitation to Championship
- THIRD PLACE: $25, Invitation to Championship
- FOURTH PLACE: Entry Fee, Invitation to Championship
• SPECIAL OCCURANCES: If a winner is repeated, the invitation to the championship will go to the runner up who has not yet received an invitation.
Championship Prizes will include: Nintendo Switch, copies of Smash Ultimate, gamecube adapters, controllers, and more!
All Prizes and placing prizes will be announced at a later time.
Bringing your own controller:
As we understand that you may want to play with your own controller, we have set up a system for checking if the controller is free of any illegal modifications.
Rules: You must show up between the times of 6-6:30pm sharp to have your controller checked by one of the staff. Once we administer if the controller is legal, we will sign off on it for use. If the tag is removed or altered in anyway, you will be disqualified and entry fee will not be reimbursed.
● Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minutes, Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Pause Off, Damage Ratio 1.0x, 2/3 Games
● Allowed Controllers: Nintendo GameCube controller, Wii U Pro controller (battery removed method with USB), and Wii Remote variation (player MUST remove battery upon completion of set or will be disqualified)
● Mii Fighters On (1-1-1-1 Default Guest Mii’s)
● Amiibo’s are banned.
● Stages: Battlefield [Dream Land 64], Final Destination [Ω Midgar, Ω Suzaku Castle and Ω Wily Castle], Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City
● First stage is decided by (Rock Paper Scissors) best of 1. Winner may choose to either strike a stage first or select a port first. Stages are struck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
● Following stages decided by winner striking one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
● Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match but has to pick before loser selects character.
● You may not pick the last stage you have previously won on during the set unless mutually agreed to.
● You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
● If a game ends with a self-destruct move, the results screen will determine the winner.
● Sudden Death with tied percentage/stock will result in a 1 stock/3 minutes playoff match.
● There will be no loading anything on to the tournament consoles.
Participate Eligibility and Rights
• Player must be 21+ to enter the tournament and venue
• Players must not try to distract, touch, or tamper with any match in session or said player will be disqualified and the match that was interrupted will be replayed
• Upon entering tournament, player will sign a release waiver stating that any video, imagery, or promotion using images/videos taken at the tournament are now owned by Nerdgasm and Player one and can be used without any compensation to the participant.
• IMPORTANT: Top 3 in any tournament may not enter another tournament until Championship at Player One.See Facebook Event Page
Player 1 offers party packages for guests. Full details can be found by calling us or sending a message to us on our FaceBook page.
There are two options for doing this.
For buy outs please message our Facebook Page with "BUYOUT" in subject line.